Saturday, May 12, 2012

I spent way too much time listening to webinars on blended learning this week! The one message I that I came away with from each of them was this: INSTRUCTOR PRESENCE is crucial to a good online experience for the student. That's a combination of a good syllabus, good materials, audio and video presence (students love to see you and/or hear you), and participation in the discussion boards. In my own online experiences, I can confirm the importance of this. A good student (and that is one thing that I have always been) is on the course website everyday and loves to see that the instructor is, too. While you may not need any advice from me about teaching, please know that you can trust my advice as a student! Who else would go back to school for a master's degree at 62. Heck, I'll be 63 when I finally get it!

3 comments:

  1. Does that mean we are never too "old" to learn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you wrote about "a good student" - I sometimes sense that a lot of professors think education is about teachers rather than students. I think blended learning offers real challenges to teachers and students and both parties have new responsibilities to make learning possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we call this "change".

    ReplyDelete